Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Windows 8 Phone - That was Easy!

OK I am starting to settle in with my new Windows 8 phone. Once I got over (and accepted) the limited apps [in the store] and weak music player I really started to enjoy the smartphone for what is strived to be. A strong option for anyone who simply desires a great work device. First, if you are a Microsoft enterprise user, either on premises or in the cloud or hybrid the setup for these devices are exceptionally easy. Once the phone is activated all I had to do was log into my Microsoft account after which my email and SkyDrive accounts were setup and synced. Out of the box, Microsoft Office is ready to go. Open Microsoft Office and all of your files (through SkyDrive or SharePoint) are ready for you.

I set the phone up in under 5 minutes!   

I will talk more about the actual use of the phone soon but wanted to report on how easy these phones are to setup and use, especially if you are a Microsoft Office user.

I will touch on the current state of the Microsoft Store in a later article as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment