Thursday, January 3, 2013

Windows 8 Phone - Day 1

First let me apologize about my abscence from the "West Chester Tech Blog" for the past couple of weeks. The end of the year was very busy in my office and then of course the holidays were upon us and much of my time was consumed by Christmas & New Years. Anyway with all of that in the past and 2013finally here this fine blog is active again.

Thanks for sticking with me.

First on my agenda was switching from my iphone to a Windows 8 phone this week. I had read and continue to read many good reviews of Microsoft's new mobile OS. Therefore as 2012 was closing I knew that a month long demo was called for in early 2013.

I will say that I have high hopes for Microsoft's new mobile OS. With the integration of Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and SkyDrive there is a real possibility that the void left by RIM can finally be filled for those of us looking for an excellent mobile platform to fullfill our mobile needs both at work and play.

Today I switched to the Nokia Lumia 822 running Windows 8. I am going to end today's post there but do not fear because I will continue the adventure of switching from Apple's to Microsoft's OS tomorrow. As with most things in life it was not as easy to switch as it should have been. Today I was lucky enough to speak with tech support at Verizon Wireless, Nokia and even Apple.

Tomorrow I will report on the experience I had today when switching from the iphone to the Windows phone. During upcoming articles you will be able to follow me as I continue to make the transition from the very hip iphone to Windows 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment