Tuesday, October 2, 2012

New MSN on the Horizon

Back on September 13, 2012 I was reporting that my favorite internet home page, iGoogle was going away late next year. Now I know iGoogle's retirement is almost a year off but I really was not happy about this. Finding a good internet home page is harder then you think.

So you must realize how thrilled I was when I saw that Microsoft lifted the curtain on their new MSN.com design yesterday, which will be made available to Internet Explorer 10 users later this October. The new look MSN.com will definitely share design DNA with Microsoft’s “Metro” layout, and will be a Windows 8 exclusive for users of the new operating system this coming October 26th.


From what I can make out Windows 7 and previous OS users will be left out. This is because the only way you can get Internet Explorer 10 is with the new Windows 8. Maybe this will change, but I doubt it. I believe this because Microsoft really wants users moving to the new operating system.

When it comes to performance Microsoft claims that it will also be able to render pages twice as fast compared to its predecessor, the classic version of MSN. As long as it is functional as promised, I am all for it, especially considering the sad fate about to occur to iGoogle.

I will be keeping a close eye on this story and will be sure to report back as soon as I get a chance to use the new MSN later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment