Friday, October 5, 2012

Going Paperless at B&N

OK today I ran into another example of technology moving forward even if some of us want to put our heads in the sand. Earlier this afternoon I stopped by Barnes & Noble to look for a book to read during my upcoming vacation. Just to satisfy everyone's curiosity I picked up "The Lost Citz of Z" by David Grann. Anyway back to my article. At the counter I paid the cashier and she asked, "Would you like your receipt printed or emailed to you?" "Wow" I said, "is this something new?". She responded, "Yes, that Barnes & Noble just started offering the option". I know it may be a little scary, but being the tech guy that I am I of course said "yes".

After getting in my car, and before starting the engine I checked my email on my iPhone. I was impressed! There in my email was the Barnes & Noble receipt from my purchase only minutes ago.

I am a Barnes & Noble member so I did not even have to provide the cashier my email address. Isn't technology wonderful? I truly hope that this option starts spreading through the retail market.

Just maybe we will someday truly get to paperless society!

No comments:

Post a Comment