Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My iOS6 Update

As I predicted at about 1pm I was able to download the new Iphone iOS this afternoon. After selecting "Settings", "General" and finally "Software Update" I was notified that iOS6 was indeed available.

Crossing my fingers I then selected "Download and Install".


I was glad to see that you are then reminded to plug your phone into a power source for the install, which I of course did.


The update process took about 60 minutes. Your best bet during this upgrade is just to walk away and leave your iPhone in peace so it can get the job done. Once the update has been completed you will be prompted for some information. Simply select the defaults and move forward. Afterward you will be back at your main screen. You will see an additional icon on the screen, "Passbook". I have no experience with this new app but I will explore it soon. You will also notice that the iTunes store has been given a facelift.


I am sure there will be plenty of app updates in the next several weeks as app developers hustle to catch up with iOS6. Make sure you update your iPhone and iPad today.... and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment