Thursday, September 13, 2012

IGoogle Going Away

The internet is a very big digital universe. Finding a start page that works for us can be very difficult. For the past couple of years I have used iGoogle. This start page offers everything you could want as a starting point on the internet. Tabs where you can separate your interests, great widgets, awesome customization options and a great way to organize your internet links. This start page also looks great on mobile devices. Anyway all good things really do end. This is proven once again because apparently iGoogle is going away on November 1, 2013. I know this because it is being announced on the webpage. See below image.



There are not really that many good options for internet start pages, which has always surprised me. Sure there is Yahoo and MSN. However these are "out of the box" designed and I was never satisfied with the limited ability to design or personalize these particular start pages.

The good news here is Google has given us plenty of warning. I will be researching start pages over the next month or so and looking for good options. Watch for my report.

What start page do you use? Let me know maybe you can come to my rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment