Friday, April 12, 2013

Windows Blue?

Windows 8 has been out for a short time and Microsoft has traveled a challenging and difficult road in it's attempt to get people to move from Windows 7 or even XP to it. This is simply because Windows 8 is a very different operating system from anything that came before. Windows 8 is built around the idea of "touch" and mobility. Windows 8 works best on tablets and touch screens. I have been using it almost exclusively since October 2012, both on touch and non-touch screens.

For the most part I like it. However I am probably not the problem for Microsoft. I embrace change in technology and I quickly grow tired of using the same old thing. This probably explains why I dumped my IPhone earlier this year and moved to a Windows 8 phone.



Anyway Microsoft obviously is not sitting on it's laurels with 8 and an upgrade is rumored to be arriving shortly. Details recently emerged regarding "Windows Blue", an upgrade to Windows 8.

Early reports show the interface will allow for gesture controls and locking apps side-by-side.

This seems to indicate the new version of Windows will once again be mobile-device centered.

"Windows Blue" if that is it's final release name, demonstrates what I believe in the long run is a smart bet on Microsoft's side.

And that is that computing is going mobile in the not to distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment