Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Libby's latest rant


To all joggers and cyclists, PLEASE take off the earphones while you are on the road! Holy moly, how do you expect to hear a car or another cyclist if you are plugged into the ipod?

How can you hear anything dangerous that might be coming your way?? how can you run along a busy road totally unaware of approaching cars or bikes??

Today while biking, I had a jogger out in front of me, as I approached, I yelled, "passing", the jogger nearly tripped over his feet as he was startled by the noise.

Especially troubling to me is a single woman jogger, out in the country, alone with earphones stuck to her ears. This is just so unsafe. Am I just an old fart who thinks this way??

Why would anyone run or bike on roads with cars on them and not be totally able to hear approaching cars, trucks or whatever?

No comments:

Post a Comment