Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Carl Sagan's NASA

This past weekend, my son (Kevin) took the time to show me this NASA video inspired by one of my favorite authors, Carl Sagan. Kevin knows through our many conversations that Sagan has inspired me since I first watched "Cosmos" back in 1980 (I was 16).

Several times each year I find myself re-reading one of Sagan's inspiring books which cover everything from evolution as he wrote about in "The Dragons of Eden" (1977), space exploration in "Pale Blue Dot" (1994), searching for the meaning of being human in "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors" (1992) and life & death in his last book, "Billions & Billions" (1997). If you are ever in the need for inspiration, or you simply want to try and look at the universe in new and amazing ways check out one of Sagan's fascinating books or "Cosmos" on DVD.

To give you an idea of Carl Sagan's inspiration and thoughtful gift, check out this short NASA clip. The audio was recorded shortly before Sagan passed away in 1997. What is also truly incredible about the audio is that as I said Sagan recorded it in 1997 and the narrative is simply dead on for what is happening in the world around on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment