Friday, March 5, 2010

Chester County really is something for biking






I have managed to bike all 4 seasons in Chester County. All have their pluses. But I have to say, biking during the winter snow season has been a treat. We may not see this kind of snow again for some time.

Biking by snow banked creeks, frozen ponds and snow covered hills has been fun. Now as the snow starts to melt and the grass appears and ponds are habitable for the Canada geese, I await the spring flowers and GREEN trees. My son and I said that it will be nice to see some color other than brown and white.

We definitely have a "mud season" this year. The horse pastures are one huge mud pit. This must be tough on hoofs and make it hard to keep the barns clean. The baby foals are right around the corner though.

No comments:

Post a Comment