Wednesday, January 13, 2010

how to get good in biking





How do you get good at biking?? Buy a trainer?? Take a computer driven training class?? Go to spinning classes?? All of these sound good and probably would help make you a better a cyclist.

But in the long run, in my humble opinion, the best way to get good at biking is to bike. Bike on roads, go as slow as you want or as fast as you want. Bike on varied terrain, some hills and some flat. Get out in all weather. If it is at 32 degrees, biking is very doable.

As you can see in the photos above, my son and I did 28 miles and found the temps of 35 degrees to be quite balmy compared to what the Northeast has been experiencing.

I did splurge on a balaclava and Underarmour gloves which I posted about before. I bought outergloves also by Windstopper. And I recommend shoe covers as well. Even if temps rise, the roads are still very cold and your feet will feel it.

We have temps coming in the mid forties for the next week or so. Good weather for biking. If you have locked yourself out of winter biking, you are missing a great way to get outdoors and enjoy your bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment